Monday

Primary Response and GI

This was the response I received from my Primary Care Doc:

"You need to work closely with GI regarding these issues.

We can also send you to the nutritionist to help sort out the diet. Push fiber to help the questran go through - metamucil or citrucil.

If this isn't doing the trick, schedule an appointment in the office to see how we can help resolve some of these symptoms.

Sorry you're having such a hard time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, then I sent email to my GI Doc: 

Dear Dr ...

If I am going to remain on the chemo and continue to have uncontrolled GERD, I would like to have more effective treatment options that what I have right now.

Simple methods of controlling food intake is not possible. I can barely eat anything without having reaction. I've been coughing for weeks. Had a cold or flu since the week before Christmas. Or was it all simply gastrointestinal? Diarrhea, vomiting, coughing. Not well controlled by typical medications for same, except imodium. After new years things seemed a bit better. However the coughing continued. I have a history of asthma. I know what to do for it. It's not asthma. I have allergies. It's not allergies. Maybe a combination. But definitely as soon as I eat something I am coughing. Up until last week, a dry hacking incessant coughing throughout the day. Speaking brought it on. Bending over brought it on. Finally I realized it must be the GERD. I stopped eating except for the barest minimum I could tolerate. Things have improved. But I doubt this is healthy.

In the meantime, I have lipids that have gone sky high, and now needing to take Questran, which doesn't sit on my stomach well, either. 

Quality of life means something to me. I have spent years dealing with so many health problems I found that having some control made life easier. If I have to stay on chemo pill for the rest of my life and not have well controlled other health issues it is not worth it.

I am at the point where I cannot find sufficient answers on my own. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was his response:

I just got your email.

Please schedule an office visit with me and bring in the copies of all your prior gastroenterologic procedures with pathology. 

I can then help you to manage these issues.
Take Care

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was my response:

I have appointment now scheduled with you on March 5.

Are you wanting my endoscopy report that showed nothing from 2010 and 2011 from UCSF? 

A history of my visits to Gastro at UCSF for 2010 and 2011?

From 1997 or whenever it was at UCSF for the basket procedure and cutting of the something of Vater?

Or are you wanting my gastro history from the 1980's where they did the busting of the gallstones with the machine and the ensuing pancreatitis?

Records from Dr. C.... are not available for the years when I had the chronic pancreatis. At least as far as I know. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I will approve and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry that Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. I've gotten too many spammers that way. If you would like to comment directly my profile provides a way to do that.