Thursday

CBC Blood Test Results

Went to the oncologist on Tuesday. These are my blood results. Everything is back to normal except Lymphocytes. They've been low for a very long time even way before the diagnosis of CML.

I called his office today to ask if I should be continuing to take the Chemo pill. I am concerned that it might push my blood values to below normal. I had to leave a message with the person who answered the phone. She said she would pass the message on to his nurse. I asked if I could speak to the nurse. I was told she was busy. I asked if I could have the nurse call me back so I could talk to her about this. I was told no, the doctor has to make the decision.

Then, why the heck is the message to be passed on to the nurse?

I told the woman who answered the phone that I didn't want to have the same thing happen as last time when I called just before a weekend. And then no one called me back on that day, and then no one called me back until late on the following Monday leaving me a message on my phone to call back the next day. I didn't want to go through the weekend without having an answer.

So, today, I did get a phone call... from the nurse. Dr. Wong is too busy to talk to me. He says must continue to take the medicine. When I asked her if the medicine was going to continue to push my blood results below normal, she didn't know the answer.

I know there are other patients who are in much worse condition than I am. I have the "easy" cancer, the chronic cancer, which is now much more controllable than in the past. So naturally, the doctor is going to be more involved with the others. But, I wish I could get my questions answered even if they are stupid questions. I am not finding the answers myself.

Forgot to mention that my eyes are infected. When I saw Dr. Wong on Tuesday, I went to Urgent Care and was seen by a doctor there, who ordered antibiotic eye drops for me. They sting! but at least my eyes are not so gunky and red!

Wednesday I went to the dermatologist because the rash has gotten much worse, especially on my face. Dr. South ordered two prescriptions for me. I hope they work. He told me to put ice packs on my face to treat the burning of my cheeks.

I need to accept that I have a doctor who needs to apply himself to the patients who have more serious problems. I really shouldn't be complaining. I am very fortunate that things are not worse than they are.

Below is my almost perfect blood test results.



ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeUnitsFlag
White Blood Cell Count8.34.0 - 11.0K/uL
Red Blood Cell Count4.003.90 - 5.40M/uL
Hemoglobin12.712.0 - 15.5g/dL
Hematocrit39.735.0 - 47.0%
MCV9980 - 100fL
MCH31.827.0 - 33.0pg
MCHC32.031.0 - 36.0g/dL
RDW13.6<16.4 -  %
Platelet Count317150 - 400K/uL
Differential TypeAutomated 
Neutrophil %7349.0 - 74.0%
Lymphocyte %1626.0 - 46.0%L
Monocyte %62.0 - 12.0%
Eosinophil %30.0 - 5.0%
Basophil %20.0 - 2.0%
Abs. Neutrophil6.12.0 - 8.0K/uL
Abs. Lymphocyte1.41.0 - 5.1K/uL
Abs. Monocyte0.50.0 - 0.8K/uL
Abs. Eosinophil0.20.0 - 0.5K/uL
Abs. Basophil0.20.0 - 0.2K/uL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I will approve and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry that Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. I've gotten too many spammers that way. If you would like to comment directly my profile provides a way to do that.