Wednesday

I Can Do Anything Better Than You Can!

I'm happy I came across this:

"Dasatinib, administered once daily, as compared with imatinib, administered once daily, induced significantly higher and faster rates of complete cytogenetic response and major molecular response.

Since achieving complete cytogenetic response within 12 months has been associated with better long-term, progression-free survival, dasatinib may improve the long-term outcomes among patients with newly diagnosed chronic-phase CML. (ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00481247)"



Why am I happy?

Dasatinib is the chemo drug I am taking for my leukemia. When they mention "complete cytogenetic response and major molecular response" it means that the way out of line bone marrow and blood is getting back to normal. It doesn't mean a cure, but it means it is controlled better. That's the easiest way to explain it at the moment.

The other one mentioned above, Imatinib is an older chemo drug that is sort of the great grandpa of the one I am taking. It used to be the best one around. But according to the above, it looks like my chemo drug is so much better!

Dasatinib is also known as Sprycel.

Imatinib is also known as Gleevec

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note: The art is my own altered photo. It is called Chemo Fire

2 comments:

I love your comments! I will approve and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry that Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. I've gotten too many spammers that way. If you would like to comment directly my profile provides a way to do that.