Wednesday

Feeling Down

I've been sinking down the last couple months. Seeing my counselor is not enough and I told her I needed a psych consult to see if there is some med change that needs to occur. I've been stable on Lamictal a long time, but this depression has been unrelenting. I finally got to see a shrink in Feb. After an hour appt. he said he would do nothing as he didn't think I was a bi polar, and I should go see the geriatric psychiatrist. I only got to see her today. I pointed out that I don't think the last doctor could make a fair assessment of my diagnosis after one hour, when my previous one saw me for fifteen years. And I need help Now! However after a lengthy interview, I was put off again. I am so down about this, I called the local helpline. I never do that. Never. After being punted from one person to another I finally learned I had called the wrong county. So that ends that. I'm not at the end of the rope right now, like I felt when I called. I've got to sleep on this. Tomorrow, I've got to do something about this. I can't keep driving a hundred miles to not get the care I need.

There's more details I've left out, but just too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I will approve and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry that Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. I've gotten too many spammers that way. If you would like to comment directly my profile provides a way to do that.