Friday

Friends, Great to Have Them

Had agreed to go to Costco with my new friend, M A. She is a retired nun and teacher, among other things. She had a stroke last year so she tires out easily. That makes us compatible shopping partners.

(Picture is M A on the left and Helen on the right. Helen was once a nun, too. Now she facilitates our senior book reading group )

It wasn't too long we were in Costco when I began to run out of energy. I find that happens more when I have pain. I didn't have much pain before we started, but just walking any distance brings it on. Things have gotten so much worse this last year or so!

I don't have a membership with Costco. It would really save money. I was so happy with what I found.

On the way home we saw a yard sale and stopped. The woman had an Osterizer, which I had been looking for. I'd like to get a juicer some day too. But, for right now, I can make smoothies in this one. I got it for $8.

We were only gone four hours, but I was exhausted when we got back. So I went to bed for a while .

Then I remembered the neighbor across the street, Her name is Liz. I don't go by that name anymore, so it's perfect. She is 80 years old and had her hip replaced in January. She danced Ballet Folklorico up until then. Very ambitious and active woman.

I had promised Liz to go walking with her yesterday, but was too exhausted from having my osteoporosis IV injection then, so I didn't go.

Since I had my second wind, I just had to keep my promise today. It was cold out . I asked Liz to turn around and go back when I began to feel more pain and loss of energy. She went back home with me, then went off on her own to finish her lengthy walk. Then, I absolutely had to lay down and have been resting for hours. Wish I had her health and energy. Plus, her positive attitude. The picture below is Liz. I took it last year right after she came back from a performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I will approve and respond as soon as possible. Thank you for posting them.

I'm sorry that Anonymous comments are no longer accepted. I've gotten too many spammers that way. If you would like to comment directly my profile provides a way to do that.